Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create job application form that can be viewed by applicants & authors?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a custom post type called "job." A user can submit a job posting, and any applicants can submit their application including resumes. I made another custom post type called "job application," so when applicants submit the form, a post will be generated.

I would like this application can be viewed by job posting author and applicants. And author can delete or mark as disqualified the applicant, but applicants can still be able to view the application as their history.

P.S. in additions, it is possible to let applicants to create a application template so they can job quickly for a similar job?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

job posting site

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-create-job-application-template-for-applicants/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To allow job posters to change the status of job applications, without actually deleting them from the system, you can add a new select type custom field for example "job application status" for the "job application" post type.

As needed, that field can have these options:
1. Submitted ( default value )
2. Approved
3. Rejected

This field can be available only in the form that a job poster has access to so that this status can only be changed by the job poster and not the applicant.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

As for the other question about the job application template, I've split it into a separate ticket and will reply to it shortly.
( https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-create-job-application-template-for-applicants/ )

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.