Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create a range slider filter for a view?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Himanshu Agarwal 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I cannot see the search filter control anywhere in this View. Please refer to my previous instructions. Insert a text search filter control in the Search and Pagination settings for this View. This field will have the js-wpv-filter-trigger class applied automatically, and it will be set up to respond to change events automatically. Wrap the text search filter control in a hidden div so it's not visible.

Remove this code:

jQuery(".js-wpv-filter-form-18-TCPID2 .js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed").first().trigger("change");

Do not manually trigger change events on the max / min input fields.

As you suggested I have added a text search filter control and its not adding class js-wpv-filter-trigger, its adding js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed.

And not effecting result update.

I tried with manually enter value in field and also with this code

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
  var formatNumber = function(number)
{
    number += "";
    var parts = number.split('.');
    var integer = parts[0];
    var decimal = parts.length > 1 ? '.' + parts[1] : '';
    var regex = /(\d+)(\d{3})/;
    while (regex.test(integer))
    {
        integer = integer.replace(regex, '$1' + ',' + '$2');
    }
    return integer + decimal;
};
jQuery("#daslider").slider({
    range: true,
    min: 10,
    max: 100,
    step: 10,
    values: [10, 100],
    slide: function(event, ui) {
       jQuery(".js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed").val(formatNumber(ui.values[0]));
       jQuery(".js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed").val(formatNumber(ui.values[1]));
}});
jQuery(".js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed, .js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed").change(function() {
  jQuery("#daslider").slider("values", [parseInt($(".js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed").val()), parseInt($(".js-wpv-filter-trigger-delayed").val())]);
});
});

But its not working at all.
Please provide me a working solution.

Please provide me a working solution.
No, I will not provide a working solution for you. I've already explained that this type of customization is not supported. If you have a question about one specific piece of code, I will try to answer it. I will not create this code for you, per our support policy here: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

"If you have a question about one specific piece of code"

I have already provided you different codes and made changes as you suggested but still its not working.

I am just asking for your support to make it possible.

If is there any changes required or need to try I will do just guide me to make it possible.

I am just asking for your support to make it possible.
No, I cannot do that. This is outside the scope of support we provide.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.