Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create a contact form to contact agent on single property pages

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello Support, I was searching the forum but could not find a solution.

Problem:
I use "Starter Theme" with your preconfigured "Real Estate" system and need to add a "Contact Agent" form on the single property pages. All Agents have different Email-Addresses so the value of the mails recipient must be dynamic (from the Agents CPT field slug="email").

First I thought CRED would be the option but I found out CRED is for content creation/manipulation and not for contact forms. Fine!

Other options are CF7 or Gravity Forms but the question is:

How do I get the email value of the Parent (Agent) for the child (the Property visitor is looking at) to be used as recipient value in any of the plugins (CF7 or GF)??

Thanks for your help.
Gregor

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To include a field from the parent post, you would use the following shortcode:

[types field="field-name" id="$parent-posttype-slug"][/types]

Where:
'parent-posttype-slug' is the slug-name of the parent CPT.

More info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-fields-of-parent-pages/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.