Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to "connect" a post type (listing) with "super user" / member?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We are having a listing directory, where we already filled with information.
We will trying to get "owners" of those listings to create a user for them.
Once they are having a user created, they should be able to edit them listing (so one user is having his own listing).

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-membership-sites/
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1729033-1727277/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Our thougths:

Should I create a post type "Super Member, or Member ship"? And the create a relationship - 1:1 and connect this way both custom types?

Regards

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Normally what you would do in this scenario is change the post_author to be the user once they have registered.

I don't know what your workflow is, you will likely need some snippet of PHP to achieve this, but once it is done the users have "ownership" of the listing without needing to add post relationships.

Hi Nigel

We do the workflow manually. So change the author is done by hand.

I did some work and see, that it is working. Only one thing, how can I do, that my new user role can't create a new post? The role should be able to edit and update his own, but not create a new one.

Regards

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If you have installed and activated the Toolset Access plugin, using the Toolset Access plugin you can control capabilities for your post type for the different roles.

Can you go to: Toolset => Access Control => Post Types tag => Locate your post type and make sure its managed by Access and set the capabilities you desired for your role?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.