Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to assign product category to a post type

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hey guys so this is a research based question at the moment.

I'll start with what I want to achieve.

I want to allow customers to make a booking using WooCommerce Bookings, simple enough. I want allow customers to purchase add-ons but, not necessarily at the same time as making the booking time. So I want them to be able to come back at anytime and add catering or equipment hire to their booking - they might realise they need to hire a projector for example and then they can come back and add that to their booking.

Sounds like a WooCommerce question, I know but... I have an idea of how I could do this with Toolset.

I create a post type called Bookings and this has three child post types Time & Date / Catering / Equipment Hire.

Time & Date is simple with WooComm Bookings.

Catering and Equipment Hire I want to offer categories of products i.e. desks, chairs and projectors for equipment. So they can hire any of these from a respective page.

I want the parent post type (Bookings) to pull up info of the products purchased already under each child. So the Equipment Hire post type stores which products of that category were purchased and the parent displays that and I have a link to Equipment Hire page where they are able to add further products to their booking.

I am fairly clear on how to approach this but I would love to get some input from you guys about the approach in general, any limitations you can foresee and, any suggestions you might have on how to improve what I am proposing.

Many thanks in advance,
James.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

So first it isn't possible to assign the Woocommerce Product Categories to other CPT so you will need to Create a separate product category taxonomy to assign to your CPT.

I like the idea but some custom coding will need to be involved . The entire purchasing I assume that this will be done using our Toolset Forms ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.