Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to add comments to custom post type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to enable the WordPress Comments for posts of a custom post type?

Solution:
The Comments section first needs to be enabled for the respective custom post type in Types, on the post type editing page. Comments also need to be enabled for the respective custom post type, which is done on the custom post editing page, by enabling the Allow Comments option in the Discussion section.

50% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.72 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by David Arias 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Dario.

Author

I am building a directory using https://toolset.com/learn/build-directory-classifieds-sites-using-toolset/ as a guide

I have a single content template and wish to add comments to it, but cannot see how to do this.

Dario
Supporter
cpt-enable-discussion-section.png
cpt-enable-comments-2.png
cpt-enable-comments.png

Hello!

There are few simple steps to enable comments for your custom post types:

1. In WordPress admin, go to the Toolset->Post Types page and click the custom post type you wish to enable comments for.

2. Scroll down to the Sections to display when editing <YOUR CUSTOM POST TYPE NAME> section and enable the Comments checkbox. I am attaching a screenshot of this option.

3. Edit any of the posts that belong to the custom post type, scroll to the Discussion section and enable the Allow comments checkbox. I am attaching a screenshot of this.

- If you can't see the Discussion box/section, click the Screen Options button at the top right corner of the post editing page and enable the Discussion section there. I am attaching a screenshot of this.

When you have done this, you should be able to see the Comments section underneath your custom posts, on the site's front-end.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any more assistance regarding this. 🙂

Regards,
Dario

Thank you! I am now embarrassed that I didn't see this!!!

Dario
Supporter

I am happy that it helped!

Kind regards,
Dario

Hello, I have not been able to display the comments section, I have tried to follow the steps in this post, but I have not had success.
Here I attach a video on YouTube where I expose the options that I can activate.
The idea is that the comments are displayed in each product displayed.
I thank you for your help!!
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.