Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How should I do to permit to create only a post for user into a CPT?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I'm trying to create a form where the registered users can create only one post per user. With the Views plugin I was able to do that but, what should I do to do that using the Blocks plugin?

Solution:

It is the same workflow in Toolset View block, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-should-i-do-to-permit-to-create-only-a-post-for-user-into-a-cpt/#post-2007955

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescoG-3 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi, I'm trying to create a form where the registered users can create only one post per user. With the Views plugin I was able to do that but, what should I do to do that using the Blocks plugin?

Also, Does the Membership system built with Toolset supports the Automatic Renewal of the membership bought?

Loop-Template.JPG
author-filter.JPG

Hello,

It is the same workflow in Toolset View block, for example:
Create a page, insert a new Toolset View block:
- Query your custom post type
- find and and select above view block
in section "Content Selection", add a author filter, see my screenshot author-filter.JPG
- find and select "View Loop" block, in section "Loop Template", in option "No Items Found Text", display your post form shortcode, see my screenshot Loop-Template.JPG
- in view's loop, display the post information

Please elaborate the question with more details:
What kind of "Automatic Renewal of the membership bought" do you want?

Ok, I have followed your guide. What should I do to select that the author can create only one post, in limit and offset > item to display=1?

For "Automatic Renewal of the membership bought" I want that, if I set that the membership is monthly, the member would pay the membership monthly as the same, and using, the PayPal automation payments method.

Q1) Yes, you are right, you can setup the option to: "in limit and offset > item to display=1"

Q2) There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms plugin, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
Our developers will evaluate it.

Thank you Luo.
I have another question about creating only a post for a user into a CPT.
I have put a link where the author of the post can put it in trash. If he put in trash the post and tries to create a new one, can it do that or not? If no, because the post in trash is seen as an existing post for the author, is there a way, using a query filter, to do permit the user to create a new post?

Yes, it is possible, you can add a post status filter into the view: post status = "publish"
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/filtering-views-query-by-post-status/
So view will query those post in "publish" status, if there isn't any result, then display the Toolset post form

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.