Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How enter custom post meta or custom field on box post list archive page?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Image 1.png

I ask a question that I think many people are interested in knowing the answer.

What I really can't do with wordpress is to insert custom meta or dynamic custom fields into the post boxes (on the archive page)

I don't know if I'm explaining myself well, but I made a screen to show what I intend to do.

I would like to know how to do it directly on wordpress with any theme and if it is possible also with elementor which is a plugin that I use a lot.

For example, with the ACF plugin custom fields can be created, with elementor I can use ACF dynamically creating individual pages which are then dynamically updated based on how the contents change in the various custom fields placed on the page.

It would be great to include custom fields such as "time to read - 5 min." inside the boxes of the post list of articles, or insert an icon as desired only in certain posts (I always mean above the boxes, inside the box of the single post where there is the image, the title, brief description, date and button read more.

If you see the image, there are arrows, just to make you understand:

If I create a custom post type that I call it TOURS, then I create custom fields for the tours, (location, price first, price in promotion, duration of the tour etc.

When I then insert all the data in the post, I go to elementor and dynamically IN THE TOUR CARD I can insert all the custom fields where I want, with any style. Ok so far so good.

The problem arises when I want to insert CERTAIN custom fields on the tour BOX dynamically. Just like in the image, I want to show all the information I want on the post grid.

I know perfectly well what can be done but if you are not an expert there must be the help of some plugins. I thought of yours, but I'm not sure you can do it with yours.

So I ask you, can you tell me if I can do what I want with your plugin?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for waiting.

You can create customized layout/templates for the archive pages with dynamic data coming from custom fields using Toolset Views plugin, with the help of "WordPress Archive" views.

Details of how these archive views work are available at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/

As far as the "Posts" grid widget from the Elementor widget is concerned, it currently doesn't support inclusion of additional custom fields data ( ref: hidden link ), but you can submit this as a feature request, to plugin's official support team.

In case you have any question related to how customized archives work with Toolset, please let me know.

regards,
Waqar

But i need only for elementor, i use only this from months... 🙁 i need request, but i see other users request and elementor reply, have no meta for that..

Ok anyway thankyou

Best regards

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for writing back and I can see the value in this feature, which can be useful for many users.

We're constantly working to improve how our products can be used to extend the functionalities of the most popular page builders, making content more dynamic.

Feedback and suggestions are important to us since they help us grow in the right direction. We have a dedicated feature request form, at:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

If you haven't used this form for this feature request already, I'll recommend adding your voice through that, as well.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.