Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how duplicate a blocks view in toolset types

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Annotation 2020-08-18 115332.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to reuse a view I created on another page, with a differery query filter setting. I have the duplicate post plugin installed and I see that I have the option to duplicate a blocks view.

So, I make a copy of the page I with the view I would like to reuse. Then on the new page I copy the view, so now I have two of the same view on this new page. I delete the first view on the page, then rename the remaining view and change the query filter settings to what I need for the new page.

The problem is, now these changes to the copied view are now reflected on other pages where the original view is used. This is not the expected result. A change to a duplicate view should not affect any other views, should it not?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/duplicate-a-view/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The correct way to do this is by going to the page that you want to have the copy and add the view block to the page.

When you've added the view block and selected your view it will ask if you want to Edit view as the Original or Edit as a copy. Select Edit as a copy and it will create a new instance of your original view that you can edit independently of the original.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.