Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do you stop caching for one custom field?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by StanleyT8485 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Currently, I am not caching the whole Views by using cache=off.

I want to stop caching for one specific custom field because that field is getting updated every hour and cache the rest.

Is this possible?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stanley,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually a single field isn't cached unless the entire view is being cached. So if the cache is disabled then your custom field's value should not be cached.

Perhaps there is a CDN or another form of caching being used on the site. What I would do is to try to clear the server cache as well as to check if the site is using any CDN services.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

I don't have any issues with the caching and everything is working as expected.

Do you know if there is anything we can do for Toolset to stop caching just one custom field?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stanley,

No i do not as once you set the view's cache setting to not cache then none of the data will be cached.

Perhaps I can have a look to see what is happening here?

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site?

Please send me a link to the view as well as which field is getting cached.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Stanley,

The price fields are not being cached. Actually I changed one of the fields manually and the changes were reflected immediately on the frontend.

What is happening is that you are pulling the ticket price from the parent itself. So if the parent field isn't the one being changed then the field value won't be reflected on the frontend.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.