Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do I stop members to have any access to the back-end?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to restrict all users from accessing the wp-admin area.

Solution:
Toolset does not offer any way of restricting the backend for the site users. You can still achieve that using a 3rd party plugin or using custom code. Check the following links:

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MikeS1622 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I don't want my members to have access to the WordPress back-end, I only want them to be able to use the front-end.

At bear minimum this is to remove the admin toolbar (automatically upon sign-up, I know this can be unchecked on the profile edit page). Ideally, they wouldn't be able to access the back-end if they knew any of the standard WP paths/pages.

This doesn't seem like a big ask fo ra membership site, so I assume I've missed something obvious but can't find it in the documentation. How is this achieved?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Toolset does not offer any way of restricting the backend for the site users. You can still achieve that using a 3rd party plugin or using custom code. Check the following links:
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-dashboard-access-for-non-admins/
- https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/98937/only-allow-administrators-and-editors-to-access-wp-admin
- hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.