Skip Navigation

[Resolved] how do I show tagchecklist for taxonomies when the form loads

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: show tagchecklist for taxonomies when the form loads rather than once a taxonomy is added as sometimes my users may wish to remove a taxonomy rather than add one.

Dear richard,

How do you setup the custom taxonomy?
Is it a Hierarchical taxonomy?
Are you going to display the taxonomy field as checkboxes field?
If it is, you will need setup it as taxonomy, then you will be able display it as a checkboxes field both in wordpress admin side and CRED form in front-end.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/create-custom-taxonomies/
Hierarchical taxonomy works just like post categories. It appears as a tree and you have checkboxes to select taxonomy terms.
See screenshot:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/categories.jpg

problem.jpg

Hi.

Its not a Hierarchical taxonomy and displays as a single line text box. I have attached an image which should help make the issue clear.

I assume we are talking about a Flat taxonomy field in CRED form for creating post,
There isn't such a feature within CRED form, the Flat taxonomy field in CRED form works same as wordpress built-in tag, user will need to click the "Show Popular" button to get the existed terms, but I did not see the button in your screenshot, you can use below shortcode to output the "Show Popular" button:

cred_field field='actor_popular' taxonomy='actor' type='show_popular']

Please replace "actor" with the taxonomy slug.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field

When you enter something into the flat taxonomy field and click add, the entry appears below in that list I highlighted in the previous image, in a div with the class tagchecklist - along with any other entries of that taxonomy that also exist - then you can remove the taxonomies by clicking on the little cross. I would like that list to show when the form loads rather than once you click add as I need my users to be able to remove taxonomy entries as well as add them.

The show popular button is completely different as it also lists taxonomy items that are on different posts and is of no use to me.

I assume we are talking about this:
A flat taxonomy field in CRED form for creating post, you are going to setup the default values of this Flat taxonomy field.
The shortcode is [cred_field ...] in your CRED form.

As I mentioned above:
There isn't such a feature within CRED form, the Flat taxonomy field in CRED form works same as wordpress built-in tag, user will need to click the "Show Popular" button to get the existed terms.

Please check our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field
There is only one parameter "value" is related with your request.
And see the source codes of CRED plugin:
\cred-frontend-editor\embedded\classes\CredForm.php
line 248, our developers add this comment:
'value'=> [optional] Preset value (does not apply to all field types, eg taxonomies)
That means it does not work for a taxonomy field. include in Flat taxonomy field.

So it is not possible within CRED form yet, if you agree, we can take it as a feature request.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.