Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do I get the slider elements to increment by 1 image when I click next

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to change my slider View so that 3 elements appear at once, but the pagination system only advances 1 element at a time.

Solution: Unfortunately there is no built-in way to do this, since the pagination system is directly related to the number of posts shown per page. It would require custom code.

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have setup a slideshow with six posts. I am showing three posts per page. However when I click the next button I would like the slideshow to show just the next post instead of loading the next page of 3 posts. That way users can increment through the posts 1 by 1.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/advanced-how-pagination-script-works/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi, Views Sliders are designed to paginate page by page (in this case, 3 posts per page). They are not designed to paginate by post, so there's no built-in way to accomplish exactly what you're looking for. It would require a significant amount of custom code. You might be able to implement a 3rd-party slideshow plugin that can achieve this effect, but unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for you.

Thanks for your response Christian. Could I make this a feature request?

Of course, but unfortunately I cannot convert an existing ticket into a feature request. Feel free to submit a new ticket here in the forum using the option "Suggest an improvement". These requests are evaluated by our developers and can be added to the list at https://toolset.com/feature-request, where other users can upvote them based on their perceived importance.

Ok, thanks for all your help. Will look into submitting a feature request.

Is it possible for you to delete the image and the link to the site that I posted?

Thanks,

Justin

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Yes of course, I have deleted the image and it should no longer appear on the post.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.