Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do I add responsive bootstrap values?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikes-23 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

On the layout grid cell it lets me create columns. In the front end these are displayed as "sm" values so they apply to all viewports. This completely bypasses the main feature of bootstrap which is to be able to define different values for each viewport.

For instance I would want something to be 3 columns on larger devices but only 1 column on mobile I could do something like this:

<div class="row">
    <div class="col-sm-12 col-md-4> content </div>
</div>

How do I do this with toolset? If I add "col-sm-12" to a 3 column grid cell it adds "col-sm-4 col-sm-12" which doesn't work and isn't valid bootsrap.

Hi Beda,

What is the point of using bootstrap if it's done this way? In every situation I can think of you want less columns on mobile that you do on larger devices. The way you have done it only allows less columns on larger devices and more columns on mobiles. This seems utter madness.

Can I copy the code for the grid cell and modify it or are the default cells laid out differently than the custom cells? I looked in the starter theme but I couldn't see it. I saw your post about using the filter to change it globally but that still is not great as the beauty of using bootstrap is being able to choose how different elements display of different devices. Im still in partial disbelief that toolset isn't capable of making responsive layouts.

I bought toolset to make things easier but have lost 48 hours struggling with bugs that have to be escalated to developers and no way to build responsive websites which is a minimum requirement in 2016. So far it is slowing me down not speeding me up.

I've got it working. Not perfect but well enough to move on.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.