Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I set a Divi section's background image with Toolset/Views/shortcode?

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,

I've created a Divi section and I'm trying to set its background image dynamically so that it displays a specific background image depending on the current page/post being viewed.

I've used Types to create a custom post field where a background image can be uploaded whenever a new page/post is created. Now I need to use this background image to specify the background of the Divi section.

Is this possible with the Toolset+Divi integration? The problem to me seems to be that when dealing with background images, Divi doesn't give you any form of text field to enter a shortcode into.

Thanks

Dear Peter,

We retired the old integration plugins, including the Toolset+Divi integration plugin:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

So there isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset plugins, If you agree, we can take it as a feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

Hello,

I'm aware the old Divi Integration plugin has been retired. I'm talking about the new integration found here...

https://toolset.com/2017/10/views-2-5-and-layouts-2-1-offer-tight-integration-with-popular-themes/

... and here...

https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/displaying-fields-inside-any-divi-module/

We can now build a layout using Divi plus fields and views from Toolset... "Displaying fields inside any Divi Module". I was hoping to use a custom post field to set the background image of a Divi section but I don't see any place in Divi to place the shortcode created by Toolset.

Thought you might know how to achieve this.

Thanks

I've now added a code module in Divi and am using some jquery css code plus my Toolset-created shortcode to change the Divi section background image when the page loads. Not perfect as there's a small delay displaying the image but it's the best solution I could come up with.

If you have a better suggestion I'd be glad to hear it, otherwise this will work for now I guess.

If you don't have a better suggestion, feel free to mark this thread as resolved.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the workaround, as I mentioned above, there isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset plugins, If you agree, we can take it as a feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.