[Resolved] How can I run a search feature on the homepage that searches a custom post type?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Seb Gates 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author

I have set up a job vacancy website using a 'Vacancy' CPT. hidden link

The vacancies can be found on the vacancy page: hidden link

I have built a filter that allows users to filter the jobs by location and job type.

My problem is my clients wants to copy this search feature from the following website: hidden link

Mansell have a search feature on their homepage and every other page that allows you to perform a search. When a search is performed, the user is taken to a 'search' page (different URL) of their jobs. I have tried to recreate this using Types and Views with no luck.

Can you tell me how I would do this using Toolset?

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (EspaƱol ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

You can use different approaches.

1. Create a View with a Parametric Search with queries your preferred Custom Post Type

Insert the Search Filter ONLY in your preferred page, and decide (in the Wizard) where the user should be redirected to if a search is performed.
This can be on the same page or another page
The Views results layout needs to be inserted there where the user is redirected to.
(see also screenshot)

2. Use the same View, make sure in the Parametric Search Form you include a "submit" button.
Then you can use the Widget "WP Views Filter" to display your Parametric Search Form, here you will need to determine a Page for your results as well.

Widgets only will be displayed where your Theme declares Widget areas.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks. It worked a treat....