Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I put a button or link to edit a custom type?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Francisco Ramón Molina Busquiel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
form03.png
form02.png
form01.png

Hi,
I have created a template with DIVI and Toolset for DIVI (sensei) to display the custom type "impresoras".
I have also created a page (hidden link) with a Toolset form to edit the custom type "impresoras".
According to your article (https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/?utm_source=formsplugin&utm_campaign=forms&utm_medium=forms-gui&utm_term=forms-editing-doc) I can put a button or link on the view page "impresoras" to go to the edition page of that printer (impresora), but in the article it does not say that shortcode is used for this, as I am using DIVI I cannot add the shortcode with your editors.
I would also like you to return to the printer (impresora) view page after editing and validating the form.
Impresoras page: hidden link
Sample view "impresora" page: hidden link
Look at the screenshots.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You can actually try this shortcode below.

[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='edit-job' target='self']Edit %%POST_TITLE%%[/toolset-edit-post-link]

Replace the "edit-job" slug with the slug of your content template that contains the edit form.

Thanks,
Shane

DirectEditLink08.png
DirectEditLink07.png
DirectEditLink06.png
DirectEditLink05.png
DirectEditLink04.png
DirectEditLink03.png

Hi Shane!
I have several doubts about this.
1) How I see the slug of the content template.
2) If I try to insert the shortcode in the view loop it doesn't let me insert it.
3) I have added the shortcode to the view form, but it does not work, although I may not have set the slug correctly.

Can I give you permissions to login to my dashboard?

Look at the screenshots.

Thanks for your help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

Yes you can provide the credentials and I have a look for you.

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
You have the username and password on the other ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-order-control-of-type-radio-is-not-shown-in-the-form/

Thanks.
Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

This seems to be related to number of issues associated with divi.

If possible could you switch from DIVI temporarily to test the edit button ? We may need to manually link to the frontend edit form.

Once you have done this please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
But this would be very complicated to do, since everything is using DIVI modules, all the views and forms would have to be redone so that they did not use DIVI. 🙁
There is no other solution?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

Yes it will be quite complex since divi made some drastic changes in their theme that is essentially breaking multiple toolset functionalities.

What I can do is to grab a copy of your site and test here locally, hopefully i will be able to provide you with a solution.

Please let me know if I can take a copy of the site using the duplicator plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
Yes, of course, you can make a copy of my site to investigate the problem.
I advise you to avoid copying the "webold" folder, as it contains a copy of my website for a problem that the WPML team is investigating.
Tell me something as soon as possible.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Shane
Supporter

Hi Francisco,

I'm having some issue with the copy of the site.

Would you mind if I ran the test on your site itself?

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.