Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I keep drupal URLs?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

How can I keep drupal URLs? When I migrate a drupal website to wordpress URLs are changing. How can I keep them as they are?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Do you have examples of the kind of URLs that you want to preserve that are being changed?

WordPress has default formats for URLs, e.g. for single custom posts or archives of custom posts, but these can be modified.

Presumably your Drupal site also has formats for these, though different to what WordPress typically uses.

If you can share details of your existing URL structures for different content types then we may be able to help with the settings to reproduce the same with WordPress.

Example of URL that I want to preserve /sport/cricket/bet-online

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

From your message, I'm afraid, it is not clear what 'sport', 'cricket' and 'bet-online' represent, in the URL structure.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with examples of some current links and their structure from the Drupal website?

I'll be in a better position to guide you accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

The admin access details work, thank you, but you haven't shared any examples of the new URLs and their old URLs from the Drupal website.

In general, this question is related to how URLs/permalinks are managed in WordPress. It is not something specific to Toolset plugins. But we do our best to guide in the right direction, whenever possible.

Here are some useful guides on using permalink settings in WordPress:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-permalinks/
hidden link
hidden link

To receive more specific pointers and tips, you can share some examples of the current website's permalinks, along with their equivalent from the Drupal website.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.