Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I give limited admin access to subscribers with Woo Commerce?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Make a virtual product that allows company level subscribers access to the wp dashboard but limited to only editing certain post types.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: On login with Company level access the dark wp admin top bar

Instead, I got: Woo Commerce My Account Page

I probably don't have a clear understanding of the Access Roles.

At first I got it to work with Level 7 but I didn't like that the user could see and edit Posts and Pages etc. I just wanted them to only see the Post types "Caregivers" and "Reports". After setting the Post Type privileges on the types that I didn't want them to see or edit, I am back to square one again. The My account Page appears when logging in as a Company level user.

I know Woo Commerce is interfering but I have to use it. How can make this work?

WooCommerce comes with a customer and shop manager roles and several capabilities.

These roles and capabilities give you basic store administration.

Using the Access plugin, you can create more fined grained access control and achieve better administration of your site.

To create your own roles with custom permissions for WooCommerce, you need to create a new User Role.

The DOC for this is here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/custom-woocommerce-roles-admin-capabilities/

What you also will be able to do with the upcoming release of Access, is to set Admin Capabilities (such as create a new post/page or edit it) INDEPENDENTLY from the Level of the user.

This means, you could have a User Role with Level 7 to not edit pages, but a user with Level 3 to have edit it.

This would then allow you to create a role with relatively low level and therefore low permissions, to still edit certain elements on your Site from the backend that until now where reserverd to higher levels only.

When will new version of Layout and Access be available?

This will be very soon, it's a question of days, perhaps a week.

Please let me know if you need more infomrmations in regard.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.