Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I filter posts instead of what I'm filtering now?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
I am using the plugin "Team" in which I created members to allow the users of my website to search and filter. However, instead of filtering team members now I want to filter posts.

Hi shane,

Can you enable private messaging so that I can share the information of the website with you?

Christina

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christina,

This is actually quite easily achieved 🙂

All you have to do is to create a new parametric search view and under the section "Content Selection" you will just select the post type you want to display.

For assistance with this you can have a look at our documentation below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 2.21.19 PM.png

Thank you, I was able to filter the posts. I am looking at designing this page with the concept image attached. Is this possible using Toolset? Where I can show the categories on top of the page and then create different sections and when the user selects the categories it will filter through each section?

Thank you,
Christina

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christina,

Taking a look at this, unfortunately it won't be posslbe. Our toolset plugins are not able to display a setup like the one you have in the image.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Would it be possible to display only selected categories from posts categories, like the ones at the top and of the concept page, and not display the results until the user selects the checkboxes from the box(to where the results of the selected checkboxes will be displayed in a new page)?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chistina,

Yes it is possible, all you need to do is when you are inserting the shortcode for your parametric search on your page, select only the search bar option.

This will only display the search bar and allow you to have a separate page where the results are displayed.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.