Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How can I add a separator or space between the custom fields?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

If I add a separator, for example " | " in the Repeating field block>Display settings>Separated by>Separator, it does add a separator but not between the custom fields (So, in my case, between the custom images for the documents) but at the end... How can I add a separator or space between them?

Solution:

This is a CSS issue, see the example here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-add-a-separator-or-space-between-the-custom-fields/#post-1786937

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucaP-14 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Oh wow! Worked like a charm, thanks.
One question: if I add a separator, for example " | " in the Repeating field block>Display settings>Separated by>Separator, it does add a separator but not between the custom fields (So, in my case, between the custom images for the documents) but at the end... How can I add a separator or space between them?

Hello,

Waqar is on vacation, I will take care of this thread.
I can get your website credentials in your previous thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/showing-repeating-file-type-fields/#post-1778843

Please elaborate the questions with more details:

it does add a separator but not between the custom fields (So, in my case, between the custom images for the documents) but at the end... How can I add a separator or space between them?

Where and how do you add the "separator"? please point out the problem page URL, take a screenshot for what you want to achieve, thanks

Schermata 2020-09-22 alle 10.18.08.png
Schermata 2020-09-22 alle 10.18.00.png

Where and how do you add the "separator"?

Content-template: Modello per Bandi
Example output: hidden link
In the first Repeating field that you see, under Display settings, I added a separator " | ". The problem is, it doesn't separate the two fields, it's going right after them as you can see in the example output. I would like the sequence: image-separator-image.

separator.JPG

Thanks for the details, it is a CSS issue, and the Toolset Repeating Field does output the separator " | " correctly between those two images, you can check the HTML source codes, see my screenshot: separator.JPG

You will need to setup CSS codes to style the result to what you want.

Could you help me with that?

editor-css.JPG

I have done below modifications in your website:
Edit the content template "Modello per Bandi":
hidden link

1) Add back the separator "|"
2) In section Editor CSS, add below codes:

a.special-link {
display: inline-flex;
float: inherit;
}

See my screenshot editor-css.JPG

Please check if it is fixed, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.