Skip Navigation

[Closed] How best to renew expiring and expired posts with CRED Commerce?

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: have the option to renew paid posts before and after they expire.

What is the best approach here?

Do I create a new CRED form much like the edit post form but attach a product with CRED?
If a post has not yet expired how do I ensure that the renewed post will set the expiration date to when it was due to expire?
Is there anything that needs to be considered for posts after they have expired?
How can I create a post renewal link in an email notification? Do I use a similar shortcode as I would to create an edit post link

[cred-link-form form="Edit Listing" post="[wpv-post-id]" text="Edit this listing" taget="_blank"]

?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Dear Chris,

Q1) Do I create a new CRED form much like the edit post form but attach a product with CRED?
Yes, you will need a new CRED form editing post and attach the product

Q2) If a post has not yet expired how do I ensure that the renewed post will set the expiration date to when it was due to expire?
This is a problem, the CRED form Automatic Expiration of Post feature, can not extend the expiration date + N days, but update the expiration date with current time + N days.
I put it into our to-do list as a feature request, our developers will take care of it. but there isn't any eta for it.

Q3) Is there anything that needs to be considered for posts after they have expired?
You can send an email to the post author to remind them renew the post after Expiration.
Please check our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/
section "Sending email notifications when posts expire"

Q4) How can I create a post renewal link in an email notification?
According to our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/
section "Email subject and body":
You can click on the Fields and Views Icon, or the Insert Subject/Body Codes icons to insert shortcodes from Views or CRED respectively, directly into your notification email subject or body.

Hope it help

Hi Luo,

Thanks for the feedback. Good to be getting there with this and I appreciate your support.

So there seems to be something a little unusual with linking to a CRED form at the moment and I wonder if it is following the updated plugins released yesterday.

When i create a form to renew the listing and put the shortcode into the view it doesn't display. I used the same process as I did with the edit post form but it doesn't work.

This works: [cred-link-form form="Edit Listing" post="[wpv-post-id]" text="Edit this listing" taget="_blank"]
This doesn't: [cred-link-form form="Renew Listing" post="[wpv-post-id]" text="Renew this listing" taget="_blank"]

I tried to clone the edit post form and I also tried to create a new one but it doesn't work.

In the view edit it adds the post ID to the short code for form="1234" but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas for this one?

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi James

This is Juan, lead Toolset developer.

Luo will continue helping you with the issue you last described, I just wanted to step in to notify you that we will take into consideration the main request you stated in your opening comment. Right now we do not provide support for managing the post expiratio date in the frountend using a CRED form, you can only modify it on the backend when editing the post.

I do think this is a good and valid idea. If visitors can create posts attached to products and set expiration dats for them, we might also want to offer a way to renew the post expiration, linking it to the same product.

As I said, this is not posible at the moment, but we will consider this. I can not tell you to which development cycle this will be added, as we have a number of requests to evaluate and integrate, but I can tel you that this one makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

Dear James,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please try this:
1) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again,

2) If the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, also point out the problem page URL and CRED form URL, thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] How best to renew expiring and expired posts with CRED Commerce?’ is closed to new replies.