Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How 2 solve the css/js conflict with NextGen Gallery on wp-typ Post Relationship

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by gaborN 8 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/solve-the-cssjs-conflict-with-next-gen-gallery-on-post-relationship/
and/or
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-post-relationship-field-is-broken-in-the-wordpress-admin/

WordPress itself and all my plugins are up-to-date (I updated wp-types to 1.8.8 a few minutes ago) but this conflict still exits.

NextGen Gallery is absolutely free (it has paid addons, but the base plugin is free) and it is the most used gallery plugin with more than 1 million active installs, so it would be nice to be able to use these two at the same time.

Can you help me resolve the issue?
regards,
G

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Sorry for inconvenience caused. To make sure from where the actual issue is and to minimize the scope of the issue:

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please try to deactivate/activate Types plugin.

3)
Check your issue with only NextGen plugin + Types plugin.

Hello Minesh,

Thank you for your quick repy!
I have just tried all three options but none of them solved the issue unfortunately. NextGen plugin + Types plugin produce this behavior as far as I understand.

What else can I do?

Minesh
Supporter

=> Please share few links where I can reproduce your issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing access details as well as relative information.

I've checked I've escalated this issue to our next next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Hello,

I have been escalated to this thread. I did some tests, including exporting / importing your Types data but I couldn't reproduce that issue. To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator instructions:

hidden link

Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Hello,

Thanks for providing that, I'll download and play.

Actually I do need to reproduce it in local in order to debug it faster and to fix the issue.

I've found a problem when registering the select2 library, both plugins share it. Our development team will fix that soon but meanwhile you can use the snippet below as workaround (theme functions.php):

function wpdocs_dequeue_script() {
   wp_register_script(
            'wpcf_select2',
            WPCF_EMBEDDED_RELPATH. '/common/utility/js/select2.min.js',
            array( 'jquery' ),
            $select2_version
        );
}
add_action( 'wp_print_scripts', 'wpdocs_dequeue_script', 100 );

function wpdocs_dequeue_styles() {
   wp_register_style(
            'wpcf_select2',
            WPCF_EMBEDDED_RELPATH. '/common/utility/css/select2/select2.css',
            array(),
            $select2_version
        );
        wp_enqueue_style('wpcf_select2');
}
add_action('wp_print_styles', 'wpdocs_dequeue_styles', 100);

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

not-properly-used-space.png
not-needed-substring.png

Hello Adriano,

Thank you for the quick fix! It works fine. I will keep an eye on Types' updates, as always.

A few more minor issues though, hoping you can deal with them in the future:

"not-needed-substring.png": As you can see, we have some extra characters next to the word search.

"not-properly-used-space.png": this table is rather rudimentary, sort of "thrown together in a hurry". By using icons for the actions (instead of text like save, edit, delete) we could gain a lot of extra space. Also, the less empty space we have between the input elements is the better. Half of the table is empty space while we can hardly read the contents of the input boxes.

When the parent of a child is set, change is written into the database by AJAX so no need to update the post. However it is not really obvious as there is no indication of it, so a success message or some sort of animated gif would be nice to tell the user that something has happened in the background. Currently what happens when the AJAX request fails?

Keep up the good work and thanx again,
G

Hello,

Actually we've realized that it's not the best workaround and I'll explain you why. The problem here is that we both are loading different scripts, but using the same alias (select2). Types is loading the original package of select2, but NGG is loading a modified version (select2.modded.js). The best approach would be if they use a different alias for this modified version, avoiding duplication. Would you like to contact them? We will do that, but a client is worth to do too.

1. That can be due the duplicated alias of the select2 script, so we really need to talk with NGG.

2. We are working to improve this table, thank you for your suggestions.

3. I've suggested that to our development team.

For any other issue, please open a new thread.

Thank you for the explanation! I've just posted a wordpress.org support forum message regarding the conflict NGG generates. They seem to actively reply to those messages, let's see what they are going to respond. As for my suggestions: thanks for taking them into account!
Regards,
G

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.