Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Homepage Editing

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnE-4 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Webstie No Results Found.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? Edit Homepage

Is there any documentation that you are following? Previous direction from Toolset: Click on Design with Toolset > Edit Archive for Home Page

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link

You were not able to login to our editing page when I raised this issue before, but I can now get you access if you send the IP address from where you would like to access it.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for getting in touch.

From what I can see in the screenshot you have the classic editor enabled. This can either be done using the classic editor plugin or in divi itself using the option to disable the gutenburg editor.

Secondly from the screenshot it looks like you want to use the Gutenburg editor for your content templates, however you won't be able to do this if you have the classic editor plugin installed or have the gutenburg editor disabled with divi.

The next issue is that I know that divi requires the classic editor to function correctly. Was this working before ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you! It was working before, but maybe something got changed. I'll check the status of the Gutenberg editor.

I don't see any reference to Gutenberg editor in Divi. Can you provide more specifics about where it might be?

I now notice that the screenshot is from the Loop Item in Archive for Home Page screen. Has some sort of bad loop going on?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

For divi you can follow the instructions below.
hidden link

Perhaps you can check this first and see if the issue still occurs after checking the divi settings.

Thanks,
Shane

Actually, enabling Classic Editor didn't fix the problem, but I saw the button above that for Enable The Latest Divi Builder Experience. I disabled that and it worked. One of the Divi updates must have automatically enabled that feature.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.