Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide top and bottom users in the user manager

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hide top and bottom users in the user manager

Hello, how are you?

I need help on the part of users, created with Access.

I created several types of hierarchical users and would like them to be shown filtered on the user management screen.

For example: a child user, cannot see his parents and can only see his children (he cannot see his brother's children).

How to do this?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I created several types of hierarchical users and would like them to be shown filtered on the user management screen.
==>
How you created the hierarchical users? Using any plugin?

Using Toolset Access you can control the post types, taxonomies, forms, custom field groups etc..etc.. Toolset access do not have any influence on the user listing screen. There is no such feature available.

If I misunderstood your request, please let me know and share few screenshots so that I can understand the issue and that will help me to guide you in the right direction.

Hello!

In fact, I know that the wordpress native user structure is not hierarchical.

What I did was create new roles with different levels and each roles releases certain functionality in the manager (which gives the impression that it is hierarchical, a fake hierarchy).

However, from your answer above, it looks like this is something I will have to do directly with code, correct?

Can you give me a hunch and say what the best way would be? know how to indicate a plugin that facilitates the development of this? or would there be some other easier way to do it, such as, for example, create the content management screens with the Toolset itself?

About the screens, I don't even need to send prints, they would be on the native wordpress management screen.

This "hierarchical control" I would like to do for the control of the users and also for the posts themselves.

Any tips would help me a lot.

PS: sorry about my english (Google Translate)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As there is no such feature available I do not have any hint to share with you as we do not recommend making any custom edits to core plugin/WordPress files as well as the question needs custom programming which is beyond the scope of our support policy.

If you need custom programming for your site, please feel free to contact any of our certified contractors:
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.