Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide empty dropdown

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello,

I need some help customizing a filter for my woocommerce views archive with the following 2 issues

1- I already created the filter inside the views, and it works fine, there are differents dropdowns, one dropdown for each attribute that my product may have according to its category.

But I would like to hide all empty dropdowns that dont belong to the category im seeing.

I was following the conditional documentation but it is not working.

For developing porpose I remove all filters and leave just one for testing.

As you can see in the following link there is an empty dropdown:
hidden link

And then it its full in the following link:
hidden link

2- Is it possible to create a search field inside a dropdown or selectbox to filter the options inside of it?

Best regards,

This is the filter I need to conditionate

<div class="form-group">
	<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Product Diámetro Externo[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="pa_diametro-externo" type="select" url_param="wpv-pa_diametro-externo"]
</div>

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1- I already created the filter inside the views, and it works fine, there are differents dropdowns, one dropdown for each attribute that my product may have according to its category.
Well - the only way to hide the empty drop-down is using the jQuery code.

Please check following link that may help you:
=> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24248597/jquery-hide-dropdown-if-all-option-value-are-empty

2- Is it possible to create a search field inside a dropdown or selectbox to filter the options inside of it?
==> No, there is no such feature exist to convert the dropdown to select2 box.

dropdown-with-search.png

Hello Minesh,

thanks for helping me.

1- It worked, but when selecting an option from the available dropdowns ajax refreshes and displays all the hidden attributes, please can you help me solve this.

2- Then, is there an option to search by term inside of the dropdown? Something like the image I'm attaching.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

1- It worked, but when selecting an option from the available dropdowns ajax refreshes and displays all the hidden attributes, please can you help me solve this.
==> Well - you can use the view's Javascript Front-end Events.

When you visit view's Filter section's JS box - you will see a button "Frontend Events". When you click it it will allow you to choose ajax callback events for parametric search.

Refer this image:
=> hidden link

For example:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
	* data.view_changed_form (object) The jQuery object for the View form after being updated
	* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_only (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-form-view] shortcode
	* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_full (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-view] shortcode
	*/
     /// Add your custom JS code here 

});

2- Then, is there an option to search by term inside of the dropdown? Something like the image I'm attaching.
==> No - there is no such option available.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.