Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hidden links in support forum

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user was seeing the text 'hidden link' where there is suppose to be a link in the forum.

Solution:

This was a measure that was implemented by our team to prevent a customer's url to be displayed openly in the forum.

You can however unhide those links by asking the supporter handling the ticket to make the links public and this is done by prefixing the links with the @ sign

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.37 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by houfton 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 12.45.04.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 12.45.17.png

I don't see anywhere else to ask this but I am now seeing a lot of hidden links in support forum - see attached screenshots. I am a fully paid-up user and the links would help me sort out problems.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Houfton,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually this was added because of customers complaining that their links are being public in the forum so our admin team decided to hide the links.

Naturally the way to specify a link without it being hidden is by using the @ sign before the link.

So if we want the links to remain public we would mark them with that sign. If you like I can check the info in the ticket if you send it to me and let you know what the links are pointing to. I know this poses a problem because sometimes these links are helpful.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

I can see why you might do it but it does make finding solutions to the many issues I have using Toolset that bit more difficult. I will probably have to submit more new tickets than I would like to. I did not know about the @ sign!

I was trying to implement this solution but it was not working for me and I was hoping that the hidden link was the answer: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/masonry-grid/

hidden link

If you could help that would be great.

(Incidentally I tried replying to that thread before but it would not let me even though it says "This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so." But one thing at a time!)

Shane
Supporter

Hi Houfton,

For this thread here : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/masonry-grid/

For this reply here :
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/masonry-grid/#post-334343

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane

If I am supposed to be seeing tobiasS's links when clicking your links to the thread above, they are still hidden for me.

Richard

Shane
Supporter

Hi Houfton,

Please try the link again and let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane

With the previously hidden script added tobiasS's solution almost works but it still gets jumbled. Thank you for resolving this particular instance of the hidden link problem for me.

Richard

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.