Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hi, with new Toolset licence for Toolset, should I use Blocks or Layout plugin

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Want to make the website work with Elementor and keep it updated with Toolset plugins
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No
Is there a similar example that we can see?
On the website
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi, with new Toolset licence for Toolset, should I use Blocks or Layout plugin. I am using Elementor and want to keep the Toolset plugins upto date - so, not sure what shall I do with legacy plugin

Capture.PNG

Also, as you can see in the attached screengrab - I can't select the particular Toolset Field for some reason. Can you please help sort this out as well? I would appreciate if someone was available on chat so that I could sort this out quicker. Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In a case like this you should use our Blocks plugin.

Secondly what kind of field are you trying to load in the Elementor dynamic field option?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply. I want to use shortcodes dynamically for different posts but they don't seem to work in Elementor/frontend. Could you please tell (step by step) how to use shortcodes as dynamic fields in Toolset?

Thanks,
P

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Can you let me know which custom field type you are using ? It could be that the custom field type is not compatible with the elementor dynamic field.

Please ensure that your custom field is one of the following types.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply but I would really appreciate if you could tell me step by step what I shall be doing (instead of asking question, which takes time especially as support is not available in real time and I have to wait each time).

Just for your information - I have tried different custom fields i.e. 'textfield', 'textarea' and 'wysiwyg' etc. but none of that worked with the shortcode. Please note that there is no problem with the shortcode as such since I can display it manually.

I hope your next reply would be helpful.

Regards,
P

Untitled.png

Hi Shane,

In addition to my last/previous reply - I also noticed another problem (in backend and Toolset area), which might not might not be related but I would still like to resolve this. It does not seem to recognise certain custom fields (for Toolset itself). If you could also advise on possible causes and how to fix it as well (in adition to shortcode related problem), it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Untitled.png

Hi Shane,

In addition to above/last reply, I noticed another problem which might or might not be related but I would still like to get that resolved. As you can see in the screengrab (from backend/Toolset area), it does NOT recognise certain custom fields even though they have been created using Toolset.

Could you please advise how to fix this as well (in addition to problem related to showing shortcodes dynamically using Toolset & Elementor)?

Thanks,
P

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I can have a look at this for you with the custom fields if you allow me to have admin access to the website. I'm not too familiar with how elementor is pulling the dynamic fields so I would need to take a look.

If you can send me a link to the page where you are trying to do this as well as the name of the field you want to pull then I should be able to see what is happening.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm not seeing the page where you have issues displaying the Toolset custom fields with elementor.
Secondly from your screenshot you are in the area where you can choose which field to be displayed in the post list on the admin backend page for that post type.

Unfortunately not all field types are supported so the ones that are greyed out you won't be able to add them to the backend listing.

Where are you trying to add this shortcode [hc-hmw snippet="Schedule-1"]?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

1. The page is this one: hidden link (this is a 'Single' page generated using Elementor Templates).
Note: you can try any other page but for custom post type and the shortcode should be used dynamically (i.e. using Toolset custom field for the given post type).

2. Yes, I want to add shortcode [hc-hmw snippet="Schedule-1"] but there would be many more (similar ones and from the same plugin) and this one is to troubleshoot - hence I need to show them dynamically?

3. Above is a separate request and I need to find an answer to that. But can you please tell me which field types are supported and which ones are not? Also, why are some not supported even when I am using Toolset?

I hope you can give me a solution in the next reply.

Thanks,
P

Hi, Shane is out today on a public holiday and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Praveen,

2. Yes, I want to add shortcode [hc-hmw snippet="Schedule-1"] but there would be many more (similar ones and from the same plugin) and this one is to troubleshoot - hence I need to show them dynamically?

I suspect the issue here is that the elementor dynamic custom field option for elementor isn't processing the shortcode that is within the editor. As you can see from this page below the shortcode is now being rendered.

hidden link

What I did was to add a shortcode widget and then add the shortcode below to that widget.

[types field='schedule-shortcode'][/types]

This will pull the custom field that the shortcode was stored in.

Also below is a link to the elementor documentation that will show you which fields are supported.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks you very much for this. I can now see the widgets in the frondend.

Can you please tell me what shall I do if I face a similar problem with shortcodes generated by another plugin (if and when I use them)? Also, what does this custom code '[types field='schedule-shortcode'][/types]' do? Shall I just use same code and replace 'schedule-shortcode' with name of the new custom field (where I will store the shortcode generated by another plugin)?

Thanks for your help and I am glad we are getting there.

Regards,
P

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.