Skip Navigation

[Resolved] help with edit form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi there,
You guys helped me with setting up an edit function to my post forms - so that you can edit in the front page. I had help from Waqar so maybe he knows this. When you edit the form i have a field that should never be edited - can this be hidden in the edit part? And also, if i edit a field but dont type in the number of available spots on the camp, the field changes from the previous setting to "Antal pladser". Is it possible to only make the field change if something new is typed in? I tried showing it in the screenshot

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mai,

Thank you for waiting, while I reviewed the "Host - edit your product" form.

1. To make the "Antal ledige pladser på campen" field, populate the correct stock quantity, you can change that field's default value from the static text "Antal pladser" to the shortcode "wpv-post-field":
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-field )

[wpv-post-field name='_stock']

Screenshot: hidden link

2. As for the "Camps Products" field, you can simply remove it from the form and it won't be available for editing.

Screenshot: hidden link

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.