Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Having trouble returning correct results on a view query.

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicoleR-3 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
screenshot-offspring-problem.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to set a query to return offspring for each mother horse.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I was following these instructions, which have worked for me in the past: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-post-relationships-not-showing-on-the-front-end-filter-by-custom-field/page/2/

But for some reason, this time around, the results are showing up on every page and only for one mother even though I have added offspring for the other mothers.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Used here: hidden link
Here: hidden link
And here: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
Here are pages for two of the mothers. As you can see, though, it is returning the same offspring for each mother, and only offspring for one mother:
hidden link
hidden link

Never mind. I figured out what I was missing. However, I do have another question regarding the offspring section. How would I use a conditional block to hide this section if the mother horse has no offspring? Should I open a separate ticket for that?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support. It is fine to continue on this ticket because we did not provide any support yet for your initial request.

I would be happy to help, I just need to know how the offspring are stored? Is it a custom field, a taxonomy, or a relationship? Would it be ok to allow me temporary access to check this closely? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Thanks Jamal. It looks like I won't need help after all as I was able to figure out how to fix all my problems.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.