[Resolved] have different custom search and shop page

Hi, Amit here, I am the Toolset Support Manager, our current ticket queue is calm and I'd like to encourage you to use our new chat support option

In order to try it out please notice that when you open a ticket (while there's availability) you will be able to choose between chat and a normal ticket, both lanes lead to the same supporters and if we decide in chat that the issue needs more time we'll transform it into a normal email ticket for you, so nothing is lost

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hashemh 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to have different shop pages style for different products and also different custom search for shop pages, I want to know is it possibe ??

Is there any documentation that you are following? I check your documents

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hello,

I assume we are talking about the shop page of Woocommerce plugin.

The shop page of Woocommerce plugin is archive page of post type "Product", you can customize/style it by wordpress archive with Views plugin:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

And you can setup custom search for in the wordpress archive:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

hi ,
Thanks in advanced,
Maybe I should explain my question,
I need to use different custom page of Woocommerce for e.g I have Category of Book and T-shirt.
and every category have many sub category and products.
what I need is make custom search for Books and also T-shirt separately.

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

There isn't such a built-in feature within Views, but you can try with some PHP codes, for example:
1) Create two different wordpress archive:
a) title "Book archive", ID 123, assign it to taxonomy "Product Category"
b) title "T-shirt archive", ID 456, do not assign it to any archive page

2) When user open the archive page of term "T-shirt", use Views filter hook "wpv_filter_force_wordpress_archive", to trigger a PHP function, change the archive ID to 456 ("T-shirt archive").

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_force_wordpress_archive
Filters the ID of the WordPress Archive to be used on a given archive loop.

hi,
what about filter?
dynamic filter ?
for example for shirt & laptop categories when choose shirt shows attributes that related to it e.g color ,size , ... and when select laptop shows different attributes like cpu , lcd size, ram etc.,
is it possible something like dynamic filter ???
is it possible to make it with tool set or any plugin that you know ?

i`ll give you an example to see if there is chance.
we have mobile and T-Shirt category.
in mobile category every product have three attributes:1.Display Size 2.Cpu 3.Ram
and in mobile category there is many sub-category that each of them can have their attributes too.

and in T-Shirt category every product have three attributes:1.color 2.size 3.type
same as mobile category,T-shirt category can have sub-category that each of them can have their attributes too.

now i need to different search for each of theme.
i mean when a user went to mobile category he/she should be able to see mobiles based on:1.Display Size 2.Cpu 3.Ram
and when he/she went to t-shirt category he/she should be able to see t-shirt based on:1.color 2.size 3.type

if toolset can't do this what should i do?