Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Guest submit images and videos to a custom post type gallery

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aaronW-4 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Is there any way to allow guest users to upload images and videos to a custom post type gallery? I am allowing authors to create a post where guest users can submit their images or videos and create a gallery feed on the content template of the post. There may be some restrictions and approvals I would like to implement, but right now I just want to see if it is possible to do this out of the box and without any custom coding.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Instead of editing the post, I would suggest creating a One-to-many relationship from your custom post type to a new custom post type and let the user create new posts that will have the image as a featured image.

Then, you can use Toolset Access to let the guest users create new posts and upload the image into the new post.

Then, you can query this new custom post type by the relationship to build the gallery of the parent post.

You can find articles about these features on our documentation search page https://toolset.com/course-lesson/

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

So, something like this:
I create a custom post type called "Collections". Also, create a content template and post form for this post type.
Then create a custom post type called "Contributions".
Create a relationship of one (Collections) to many (Contributions).
Create a Relationship form for "Contributions".
Insert the "Contributions" relationship form on the content template for "Collections" to allow the addition of the content submitted from the relationship form.

I have a feeling I have something wrong here though.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

You won't need to use a relationship form for this. You can use a simple Post form to create Contributions posts.

Please check this article, the last section explains how to create a post and have the parent post selected automatically https://toolset.com/course-lesson/selecting-parent-posts-when-using-forms-to-create-child-items/#creating-forms-when-a-parent-post-is-preselected

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.