Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Group Results by Product Category

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcusC-4 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a parametric search view setup that shows certain Product Categories that I have selected: hidden link

I’d like to have the results always display products from one category first, then display the rest, but I don’t see an option for that. Is it possible?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for asking!

I'm afraid, this kind of grouping feature is not supported, but you're welcome to submit this as a feature request:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

One possible workaround to achieve something similar is to use a product post view, nested inside a product categories taxonomy view as explained in the following guide:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Important: Please note that in this approach you'll lose the ability to add front-end search filters since the taxonomy views don't support them.

regards,
Waqar

Ok, thanks for the reply. That’s unfortunate but I’ll look for another solution. The front-end search filters are the most important aspect so we cannot lose those.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the update and sorry I couldn't offer a more useful suggestion in this case.

But for a new question/concern you're welcome to open a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

I ended up using Order By the Menu Order option to group items together. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.