Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Grids using Toolset & Elementor

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
please see Image Carousel.jpg

Hi there.

Thank you...ok I see now the short codes generated by Toolset when using the classic editor. I followed what you suggested and yes...it is now clear.

One thing though. On this Elementor site when we actually got this all working (before I messed with stuff) here:
hidden link

This says in the builder when you hover, it is: "Test View One" View.

If we go to a new page, classic editor and then click the Fields and Views button...why can I see no ref to this view we have created?

----------------------

On another note:

I have serious doubts about Oxygen. Been using it for a couple of days now. It really is build everything yourself.
Great in theory however all our property listings have dynamic image carousels, like attached.

We can make text fields dynamic using Oxygen, however Ox has no decent image carousel. So we would need to upload another couple of plugins and mess about with this, in addition to Toolset and a number of others!
I see Toolset can, kind of do this however I fear this is going to take more patience than I have when, dare I say it Elementor has this all sorted.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I can see from the front-end the View on that page has an ID of 150, but I can't see what it's called.

The Fields and Views button should show you all the Views that have been made at Toolset > Views, where you should be able to identify the View with that ID (maybe the name was changed?).

You can use Views to create sliders: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

Yes I see the ID now, can see why it has done this.

It's becoming clear Toolset and Oxygen are not making the process and easy one, or straight forward.
While Elementor and dare I say Divi are as bad, Oxygen is making life far harder.

Just looked at creating sliders using Toolset. Well after watching two vidoe's and trying to follow along, this isn't working either.

Over the weekend I need to consider if Oxygen is right for us. Dare I say if not, will Toolset be what we need in Elementor.

I feel a couple of refund request going through soon.

It cannot be this challenging to inject a advanced search into a WordPress theme. And a dynamic carousel shouldn't be this demanding either.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.