Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Grid columns are not rendered in frontend

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Display view block in different pages.

Solution:

You can create a new page, edit with Gutengerg page builder, and insert view block and choose the same view

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by haraldO 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
2020-07-22__View-Grid-only-1-col-in-frontend.png
2020-07-22__View-Grid-4-col-in-backend.png

I am trying to:
Create a view with 4 columns: Gutenberg Editor => View Output > View Loop as Grid with 4 columns on desktop. In the backend it looks correct (see screenshot).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Four columns.

Instead, I got:
One column.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, please check these:
1) Edit the problem page you mentioned above:
hidden link
You are using Avada page builder to design the page

2) But the screenshot you mentioned:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1714487-2020_07_22__View_Grid_4_col_in_backend.png
It is using WordPress Blocks(Gutenberg) editor, which is different page builder from Avada page builder, it is not recommended to use two different page builders to design the same page/post, this will conduct some unexpected problems.

Toolset Blocks plugin is based on WordPress Blocks(Gutenberg) editor, so you will need to create a page/post, design the page with Blocks(Gutenberg) editor, and setup the Toolset View block, and test again

2020-07-22__View-Gutenberg.png

As seen in the screenshot I only edit the page with Gutenberg, I'm not using Avada for that. Please check the image, I'm using that link to open the page with Gutenberg. When you open a page normally, however, it opens with Avada.

view-block2.JPG
501.JPG

I have tried it again in your website, with below steps:
1) Open URL you mentioned above:
hidden link

click link "Seite bearbeiten" of head menus, it redirect me to URL:
hidden link

This page is using Avada Builder, see my screenshot 501.JPG

2) Create a new page, edit with Gutengerg page builder:
hidden link
Insert the same view block, click button "Edit Original View", see screenshort view-block2.JPG, save and test it in front-end:
hidden link

It works fine, can you confirm it? thanks

2020-07-22__missing-grid-css.png

Thanks, now my old one here hidden link strangely works as well.

The CSS in the attached screenshot was missing before, did you clean some Toolset cache or something, so that it was correctly created now?

As I mentioned above, I was using option "Edit Original View", after save the page, it should clean Toolset view's cache

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.