Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Great update! Does Layouts (Content Templates) now work with Beaver Builder??

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laurieH 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Create a simple, easy to update framework for a learning site. It's Genesis with a custom child theme that uses Woocommerce, LearnDash and Toolset.

I visited this URL: the single-page for a custom type

I expected to see: A layout with a content area I could edit in Beaver Builder

Instead, I got: something a don't believe I and edit in Beaver Builder

Dear laurie,

Since I do not have a copy of your custom theme files, I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost,
But we have already add "Toolset Genesis Integration" plugin, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

And here is a document about "Toolset Genesis Integration":
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-genesis-integration/

Please feedback if the problem still exists.

Luoy,

Your response doesn't address my question. The new update states that there is now support for using Layouts with visual page builders. Does Layouts now support Beaver Builder?

Example:
(assume the full toolset is active including Genesis support for Layouts)

Create a Content Template and apply it to the single-page view for "Courses" (This is done)
Edit the Content area, or any other area, with Beaver Builder. I imagine this could happen the same way the layouts can have a parent layout.

Thank you for you time and consideration when answering my question,
Laurie

Toolset layout for Beaver Builder.PNG

Problem solved! Here is what I did (Please let me know if you have a better solution)

Create a layout and add the visual editor cell across the full width of a row. Create a new page and apply the layout. Beaver Builder can now be used to populate content in the visual editor cell.

You may also need to adjust the css of your theme to get the Beaver Builder content to display full width. If you are using the toolset-starter theme you will need to change the width to 100% and setting the padding to 0.

.container {
width: 100%;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

Thanks for your help and for the continued updates to Toolset!
Laurie

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.