Skip Navigation

[Closed] Gravity Forms and Custom Types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dave 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi,

I am following the overview as posted here (hidden link) to create a Gravity Form using Custom Post Types as setup in the Type Plugin. For some reason the custom post types I have setup are not displaying in Gravity Forms. Any thoughts on why this would be? Thank you!

--
Michael

Dear Sammut,

Did you install the "glue" plugin?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types/

Regards,
Caridad

Yes, this is installed.

Any thoughts on this?

I have the custom type, I have the requisite plugins. I can see the custom type when I go to gravity forms, however, in the pull down menu when I add a new custom type none of the custom fields display in the pull down.

Thank you!

When you say not appearing in the drop down, do you mean the Custom Field Name drop down where you can choose between new and existing? If so you need to enter them manually the first time, at least I've had to.

Just remember to copy it exactly as it will accept anything with no validation and a typo has thrown me off before.

Yes, manually enter them OK!!

So I would enter this... "wpcf-contact_name"?

Looks good to me bud, whatever you set it to in the Custom Fields area you have to copy it exactly with the prefix "wpcf-" (which I assume stands for WordPressCustomField.

So if you've named the slug contact_name then it would be "wpcf-custom_name"

Thank you!

No worries bud, glad I could help 🙂

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity Forms and Custom Types’ is closed to new replies.