Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Grant/revoke access to image visibility based on user

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I want to grant or revoke access to certain content on a single post and user basis.
Is this possible using Toolset?

Solution:
Partially it is natively possible using Access, but for example, to allow or disallow access to single fields by posts by users, you'll need some custom code.

The core idea of this code is explained here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/grant-revoke-access-to-image-visibility-based-on-user/page/2/#post-1489243

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Silvia 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

yes, the page is i-tessuti, my bad. That page is the entry access to the textiles for all visitors, both guests and clients. It gives you the chance to filter and choose what fabric you're interested to, but clearly the way it is (not) working now, it defeats all your work on giving access to images only to certain clients, because when clicking on the post link you see the image, not the content template.
But, as you instructed, I will open another ticket for that.
I guess we can close this ticket as resolved. Thank you.

When I visit hidden link, and click on any link in the Tessuto column, I am redirected to the actual tessuto post, not an image.

If you see any issue with the links in that view the first place to look for it is here
hidden link

I can see you use this so that will always direct to the post, not the images:

<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-title class="titolotessuto"]</a>

I am not sure what you mean by
"but clearly the way it is (not) working now, it defeats all your work on giving access to images only to certain clients, because when clicking on the post link you see the image, not the content template."

I suggest opening a new ticket and describe the issue with precise steps to see the issue, so we can help to solve it.

Before opening another ticket I want to test the problem more accurately to see if the problem manifests itself after a precise sequence of steps. Thank you for now, for all your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.