Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Google maps needs reinitialising after page load

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Question:

PLease refer to this page: hidden link

Sometimes when the page loads, the google map is being fully painted. Its showing the correct markers just a blank non map.

Is there a jquery snippet that will reload any map on a page on initial page load? Or after the page is fully loaded?

Many thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Paul

I've visited your link 10 times, in different browsers, on different devices, and while simulating slow network connections, trying to reproduce the problem you describe, but in all cases the map has loaded as expected.

I don't see a problem here to fix.

There is a JS method available in Views to reload the map, but I'm sort of reluctant to share it with you because it doesn't appear to be needed and if you add it you'll unnecessarily be reloading the map for all visitors each time which will lead to a worse experience (except in the odd scenario where the map doesn't load properly which I cannot reproduce).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.