Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Google Map not showing on frontend after upgrading to WP 4.5

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Jean AS 7 years, 11 months ago.

Author

Hello,
I've just updated to WordPress 4.5 and the map is not showing anymore. There is a blank spot where the map should be on the front end.
Everything was working ok before upgrading to WP 4.5.

I cannot provide the debug information because I don't know where is it. I have the latest version of Toolset and in the change log it says that the help section is gone...

If you could please have a look on why the map is not showing anymore, that would be great. Please activate the next post as private for me to insert the login details.

It's on a live site so it's urgent to solve it as soon as possible.

Thank you ver much.

I've being doing some checks and only in Google Chrome the map appears. With Firefox and Safari the map is not visible...

I've also inserted the Google Maps API key, but I can see an error in the console:

Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys <em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Searching not Internet, I could find this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35890582/google-maps-api-warning-noapikeys

Where they say that the script should be called like this when there is a key:

<script src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"></script>

You insert it like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"></script>

Probably you should fix this.

There are also a couple of JS errors that I could take off by deactivating a plugin and a function, but it doesn't solve the problem. The map still is not visible, so I reactivated them again.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.

I could find a fix for now.
The theme I am using: AVADA released a fix for WordPress 4.5

So if someone has an error after upgrading to WordPress 4.5 and is using the AVADA theme version 3.9.3, I suggest to apply the patch that you can find here:

hidden link

It was throwing a jquery error that produced the maps error in my case.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.