Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Google address not resolving correctly

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to add a Google address to a post type. I have loaded about 300 records and a handful are not working.

This happens in the back end, I don't yet have editing functionality in the front-end.

I type the address and Google finds it ok, I select it and it plots the marker at the correct location. Then I press update and the map marker changes as shown on the attached screen shots.

I think that this is address-related - the same behaviour is observed when entering new records at the same location. There's nothing 'tricky' about these locations - I have loaded them successfully from a CSV file into a Google Maps maps before.

I have:
- deactivated all but Toolset plugins
- tried a default theme
- created a new API key
- enabled the Google Maps APIs as suggested here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/google-map-adres-dont-show-correct-place-on-map/
- purged server and browser caches.

I have a GoGeek account with SIteground so I can create a staging copy for you to play with at any time.

A further piece of information: many of the address markers resolve to a single lat/long point.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as I understand, you are using Toolset Maps plugin to create a map which shows marker using which you want to place multiple markers on same location - correct? If yes:

Please check following Doc that will help you to display multiple markers on the same location:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#displaying-multiple-markers-that-appear-on-the-same-location

blue road.jpeg
waterloo road.jpeg

Hi Minesh

No, that's not the problem at all, the problem is that Types is not obtaining/storing the correct coordinates from Google (I think.) The attachments show two different addresses with the same coordinates, neither of which relates to the actual address. These screenshots are from the back end.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - could you please check map API key is correctly registered at:
=> Toolset => Settings => Maps => Google Map API key => click on button "Check API" to confirm the API key you registered is working.

In addition to that, we just published new version of Toolset maps 1.7.2, could you please update all Toolset plugins to it's the latest official version.

If your issue still persists, I need to check on your install what's going wrong there.
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh

I have completed the API check today and it is now throwing an error.

A few days ago I created a new API and loaded it into Toolset and checked it. Perhaps Toolset is storing/using the old API in some way? I am looking at Google Cloud Platform and an API I created two years ago is being used now, according to statistics.

This looks like a conflict so I guess we should tidy this up first? Is it safe for me to delete everything map-related in Google Cloud Platform and maybe start again?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - could you please try to create a brand new Google API key and please make sure that you should create unrestricted Google map API key. (Do not bind the map API key with any domain)

Please let me know how it goes.

If your issue still persists - I need to check on your install.

Please share problem URL and access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on your install and the issue was you are using same ID for each marker with attribute marker_id.

I've changed the marker_id as marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]'

For example:

[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-3' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-student-address']

I can see it displays the multiple markers on the same location. Could you please confirm.

all.jpeg

Hi Minesh

Thanks for fixing that error, but you're completely missing the point here.

Toolset is not storing the correct lat/long coordinates. Given this (inconsistent) problem the will markers never, ever display at the correct location.

Please refer to the screenshots on my previous post. Those screenshots are from the backend. They show that Google resolves the lat/long coordinates correctly via address lookup but then when the record is updated the lat/long coordinates are wrong. The screenshots show the lat/long coordinates after resolving the address, and then after updating the record. Those numbers are different.

If you use the link above (Display all students on a map) and zoom to the location indicated by the red arrow on this screenshot you will see about a dozen records. Clicking on those icons shows that the records belong to different addresses.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem with "New Zealand" address value, for example:
647 Sutherland Road, Castlerock, New Zealand

It is very strange, the Latitude and Longitude values will be changed to after save the post, and I have tested with address of China, there isn't same problem.

So I have escalated to our 2nd tier supporters, will update here if there is anything news.

Hi Luo

Since your last message I have completed a reinstallation of WordPress and created new APIs at Google. The problem is still there.

Please advise.

Here is update from our developers:

It is still in our to-do list of Toolset Maps plugin 1.8, our developers are working on it, I am not sure when will it be fix.

Hi Luo

Can you please explain what is going wrong here?

I have one post type called Registrations. There are 600 records and every single address is ok.

I have another post type called Students. There are 300 records and many addresses have problems.

This doesn't make sense to me...

It has been put into our to-do list as a bug of Toolset Maps plugin, and the problem occurs only in those specific New Zealand address values, for example:
647 Sutherland Road, Castlerock, New Zealand
788 Sutherland Road, Castlerock, New Zealand

They are all at the precise same spot, there isn't fix for it yet.

Currently, our 2nd tier supporters has provided a workaround:
You can use the coordinates value directly, for example:
{-45.7285295,168.34784379999996}

It should be able to display the markers in correct position of maps.

Hello Toolset

Can you please give me an update on this issue? Six months later and the problem remains.

Kind regards,
Greig

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.