Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" after adding product to specific category

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by erwinH 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Add a woocommerce product to a category

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Product added to category

Instead, I got: Google chrome Error: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Hello,

After adding a product to a specific category the whole category stops working. If I disable WP-Views the page works as expected.

I tried adding an other product and renaming the product/category, with no succes.

Please assist.
If you need an account, please let me know.

Dear erwin,

There should be some PHP errors occur in your website, please try these:
1) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy/paste the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

PHP Debugging

In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).

Hello,

I disabled all plugins and used a default theme. The problem stil occurs.

I also enabled all debugging tools. But there is nothing written to the error_log.txt

There should be some PHP error logs, could you ask help from your server provider to get the PHP debug logs. we need to check if there is any PHP errors occur in your website. thanks

The only errors I get from the errorlog is the following:

[Fri Dec 16 09:48:58.427515 2016] [core:notice] [pid 32201] AH00052: child pid 4361 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[Fri Dec 16 09:48:59.428738 2016] [core:notice] [pid 32201] AH00052: child pid 4654 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

When I disable Wp-Views. The problem is fixed but the errorlog is the same.

This is abnormal, please re-install WordPress and get a fresh copy of the Types Plugin.

If then the issue persist, please either provide Access Details or, if that's not possible, a Site's Snashot.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

In case you can give me exact steps to reproduce this, it will be enough as well.

Please use the next private reply for the secure data.

Thanks for the details, checking in your website, will feedback if there is anything found

The problem is the in the wordpress archive "Archive for Producten", section "Loop Output Editor", you are using Views shortcode [wpv-conditional] outside the View's loop:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-conditional if="( woo_has_product_subcategory() eq '0' )"]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>
		</wpv-loop>

<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( woo_has_product_subcategory() eq '1' )"]
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-layout-end]

It produces the unexpected result, according to our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-conditional
context: inside the view loop or content template
I suggest you use the shortcode [wpv-conditional] inside the View's loop, you can remove them simply and test again.

That fixed it! Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.