Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting custom field data

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi.

I have the latest stable versions on my site, but I also use Beaver Builder and Beaver Themer.

With the latest versions, something has broken regarding the beaver builder integration. If I click the orange + icon, the toolset popup is shown behind the Beaver Builder settings and I can't get it to return the value because the gui does not have focus.

So the Beaver Builder integration as we know it is broken.

I understand that Toolset do not want to spend more time on the Beaver Builder integration, but it could really be nice to have the option to use the custom fields as beaver themer connection fields.

The guys from PODS (your competing product) is actually working on such a plugin for PODS

hidden link

And it should be easy to fork this plugin to Toolset types fields, so this is something I am thinking about doing when I get the time to do it, unless somebody else have done it before me. Hint perhaps toolset developers have some spare time 🙂

But before I jump into the forking, I would like to know if you have some guides / docs / what ever examples on how to get the data out of the types fields in php code?

I could reverse engineer types, but if you had something on hand it would be nice.

Kind Regards

Henrik

But before I jump into the forking, I would like to know if you have some guides / docs / what ever examples on how to get the data out of the types fields in php code?
The types_render_field function is the preferred method of retrieving custom field information in PHP. You can find some documentation and examples here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/
Click the +More button under each field type to see code samples and syntax information.

It's also possible to use get_post_meta if you would prefer to use standard WordPress functions:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post_meta/

Hi, it turns out that I was misinformed earlier, and this is an issue that Beaver Builder and Toolset will be glad to work out together. Can you confirm you are still experiencing this problem? If so, I will initiate a compatibility ticket and try to get this resolved for you.

still-an-issue.jpg

I can confirm that it is still a problem.

As you can see in the attached screenshot.

Okay thanks for confirming. I would like to make a clone of your site so I can replicate the issue on my own environment and pass the details along to our developers. If that's okay with you, please provide admin login credentials here so I can access your wp-admin area and make a clone using the Duplicator plugin. I will enable private reply fields here for you to use, or you can create the Duplicator package yourself and supply a download link for me.

Thanks for the information. I'm able to replicate this issue consistently so I've forwarded the details along to the team for compatibility investigation. Please stand by and I will update you as soon as I have some more information, or a potential workaround.

There are no updates yet for this.

Hi Christian Cox

Do you have an update on this topic?

It has been almost a month by now, so hoping to get an update soon 🙂

Hi Guys..

Its been some time by now, and I could really use an update on this topic. How far are we away from a fix or work around to this problem?

I apologise that these compatibility issues take a little longer than Bug Solutions.

There is a theoretical workaround for this, by adding a CSS to the Site:

body.fl-builder>div#colorbox{z-index: 999999;}

But that is tricky to play with z-indexes and might result in some unexpected issues in other places, that is what we are currently investigating.

I will push the issue again and keep you updated.

Hi

Just for fun I tried to install the BB 2.0 beta 1 on the site.

The problem appears to not exist in BB 2.0 beta 1, so with that in mind and the final version of BB 2.0 is around the corner (should be late october I believe) then there may not be anything to fix.

But I will leave the ticket here open until the stable version is released from the BB team, so if the problem still exist in BB 2.0 you will have to look at it there.

The entire Types GUI for inserting fields is about to be entirely revamped, hence this will become obsolete.

Right now thou, the Beaver Builder 2.0.x is not compatible with Toolset.
We work on this with high priority.

The issue here can be considered obsolete as it will be changed completely.

Ok Beda but can you give my an estimate on when I can expect the changes to the integration to be released? Then I will close the ticket..

I cannot give an ETA on Development progress.
It is scheduled to be added in the upcoming releases that also will include the new Many To Many Relationship.

I apologize that I cannot state an ETA.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.