Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting an error from the Toolset View plugin

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
error.PNG

Hi there,

We have installed the Toolset View plugin on our site, but I am getting this error on a section panel.
"Notice: Trying to get property 'post_type' of non-object in /home/sprucedev/public_html/sites/mihr/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controllers/compatibility/wpa-block-editor/wpa-block-editor.php on line 214"

We haven't created any views yet, just installed in the plugin, so not sure why this error is showing up. Can you help me investigate on this?

Thanks!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can have a look ? If there is a specific page that the issue appears on please let me know as well.

I would need to also take a copy of the site so that I can do some further debugging on this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the credentials. The problem is actually being caused by the theme, rather the accordion section itself.

There is a helper in our Toolset Views plugin that is checking to see if the post types of the posts being loaded on the page itself. In your case the accordion section is not loading the Post Object, but rather it is just giving the POST ID.

As it stands your theme is a custom theme, so what we can do here is limited. When I checked the other posts being displayed on the page, only the Accordion section isn't returning the Post Object, whilst every other section that is loading posts returns the object itself.

I would suggest that the developers of the theme have another look at this one. The message can be hidden by disabling the wordpress debugging should you so desire at it isn't a function breaking error.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.