Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting 404 when clicking install from module library e.g. "latest news slider"

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer was getting a 404 when he was trying install a module from the module manager library.

Solution:

This issue should no longer occur as the latest versions of our current plugins should resolve this.

Please ensure that you are currently running the latest version of the module manager plugin that we have available.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cantonB 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to install the 'latest news slider' from the module manager

I click the orange "Install button" and I arrive on a 404 page whose URL is

hidden link

I see from the URL that there's a ZIP file I can manually download, which is fine, but I don't know where to install it.

Thanks for either a fix, or instructions on how/where to manually install the contents of these ZIP files.

If you would like to try this for yourself, you may login at 2016.asiafoundation.org as:

support / support!!!

PS: I see some other support threads with the same question, but I didn't see a clear fix/answer.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Canton,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You can install the module zip file by going to Import Modules under Module Manager.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, that works for me, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.