Skip Navigation

[Resolved] getting 404 error when preview draft page

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

we are using Access Control plugin for our German Editor but we are getting 404 error when we are trying to preview draft page into admin panel.
we have created a new role (German Editor) using this plugin and we have copied all capabilities from editor role type.

can we get a solution on this ?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Abhilash,

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some troubleshooting and research on your report.

I can confirm that this is the same issue which has already been highlighted:
https://toolset.com/errata/access-custom-role-users-cannot-preview-draft-or-pending-posts-although-in-a-wpml-group-with-needed-permissions/

A fix for this is planned to be included in Toolset Access version 2.8 and though I don't have a time estimate to share at the moment, I'll update you through this ticket, once it releases.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can manually downgrade Toolset Access plugin to older 2.6.2 version, which is not affected by this issue.
( https://toolset.com/download/toolset-access/#changelog )

regards,
Waqar

issue is resolved using downgrade Toolset Access plugin to 2.6.2
thanks !!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Abhilash,

Just wanted to update that Toolset Access version 2.8 has been released, which includes a fix for this issue.

You're welcome to update to the latest plugin version and let us know, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.