Skip Navigation

[Closed] Get search to display the Parent and not the Child.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a One-To-Many relationship setup. I have created a View with a Search that has both Parent and Child selected in the Content Selection Area. If I enter a Child into the search it will display that Child. If I enter a Parent into the search it will display that Parent.

What I would like to happen:
If I enter a Child into the search it will display the Parent and not the Child.
If I enter a Parent it will display the Parent.

If the above is not possible, is there a way to get it so when I enter a Child into the search it show both the Child and the Parent entries? Right now if I enter a Child it only shows the Child entry not the Child and Parent.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Something like this can be achieved using the conditional check for the post type, to show different content in case of parent and child posts. However, the challenge would be to manage the duplicate results.

I tried to see the page that you shared, but it is showing the "Page not found" message.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to a page where this view can be seen?

I'll be in a better position to guide you with the next steps, accordingly.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

The topic ‘[Closed] Get search to display the Parent and not the Child.’ is closed to new replies.