Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Get repeatable field group for Relevanssi search

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi! I have a content type, Location, with a repeatable field group, Unique Feature. I want the content of the repeatable field group to show up in the site search - so if location East Regional has a garden feature, if someone searches for garden, East Regional should show up in the results.

I contacted Relevanssi support to ask how to do this, and they said I can add a filter to index the features like this:
add_filter('relevanssi_content_to_index', 'add_extra_content', 10, 2);
function add_extra_content($content, $post) {
[function to get feature content here]
}
(Here's their KB article about it if that helps: hidden link).

Can you tell me, or point me to documentation about, how to put together a function that will get repeatable field group content for a given post?

Thanks!

Hello,

The repeatable field groups are based on one-to-many post type relationship, so each repeatable field group item is also a single post, you can follow our document to get related items of repeatable field group in a single post:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/how-to-migrate-your-site-to-new-post-relationships/#new-approach

Notice:
In your PHP codes, you can use repeatable field group slug as the relationship slug.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.