Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Get product title where product’s custom field’s value = news custom field

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Get product title where product's custom field's value = news custom field

Solution:
You can use [wpv-conditional] shortcode in order to compare field values and display conditional output.

you can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/get-product-title-where-products-custom-fields-value-news-custom-field/#post-955457

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
news_link.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
View link to a product in a news post .. where product's custom field's value (ref no) = (tek_info) news custom field.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
I have added the link "Technical info" at the bottom of the post but without URL.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - what if you use the [wpv-conditional] shortcode to compare your custom field values.

As you can see with following image - there is a button conditional output when you click on it it will offer you GUI to select your field :
=> hidden link

For example:

[wpv-conditional if=" '[types field="your-field"][/types]' eq '[types field="your-field"][/types]' "]
Display your content here if condition is TRUE
[/wpv-conditional]

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

123.jpg

Hello Minesh,

That doesn't work (see attached photo) and even if condition works, how to display the URL of that product here on news page!

I will try to make my self clear:
I want to show the URL of a product on a (post type) news page where there is no relation in between these two but have the same value of a custom fields on both sides.

Thanx 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I can better tell you what could be the solution for this if you can share problem URL with access details so I can check how exactly and where you want to display what.

Could you please share all required information, which fields you want to compare and at what page and what link you want to display.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - wp-admin access details you shared is not working at this end. Could you please share working wp-admin access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I'm glad to know that your original issue is resolved.

As per our support policy, we entertain only one question per ticket, May I kindly ask you to open a new ticket with each new question you may have. This will help other users searching on the forum and help us to write the correct resolve ticket summary.

Thank you for understanding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.