Skip Navigation

[Resolved] get better performance on the page speed

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? we see that after importing Toolset plugin the pages are requesting a lot of code/JS etc.
We need to know if there is a way to optimize page speed because the server requests to the files are very heavy and the site is very slow

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

What you can do is to leverage the request by using caching.

You can try using the WP-super cache plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
a caching plugin is already istalled in the website, the problem is that when we do a test with GT MEtrix performance tool it shows there are a lot of JS file that shall be minified or at least zipped with a GZIP compression, a lot of those files are Toolset scripts that are losding each time a new page loads, how can we setup a better performance and load only the needed files ?
We know that Toolset requires many scripts to be loaded but we really need to spped up the site performance (also on future projects) if we want to keep using Toolset as a plugin of choice.

Please let me know if you or your support colleagues have some ideas to solve the eprformance problem,
Franco

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

I can check with my Colleagues but it seems that issues like these are normally handled by using caching or CDN systems.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
please check also with your colleagues, we have to start some very important projects and we would like to user Tollser as the page builder of choice but we need to get a high level of performance on the pages.
Is there a way to load only the needed scripts in each page instead loading all set of scripts in every page even it is not needed?
What I mean is if we don't need a CRED form script in a template is it possible to avoid loading that script in all pages belonging to that template?

Franco

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

Before I make a request to our tier 2 supporters, could you send me the debug data for your site ? It could be the requests with a combination of low server resources can be causing this.

To provide the debug data please have a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks,
Shane

Here it is the debug info. I have to say that the site is in a new server with better performances than before but the problem persists.

Best,

Franco.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

Speed of the website has alot more to do with the code etc.

Sometimes the images are not optimised for the web so when loading those on your browser they take some time to download the images for viewing.

For the images you can use the EWWWW image optimizer plugin to at least try to optimise your images for the web.

Take a look at this page here .
hidden link

Please try the recommendations here and let me know if it helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
sorry but it seems we are missing the point. What we need to know is how to get a better performance on the Toolset scripts loading (this is about all sites that we are developing not only one). In some sites the images are already compressed but the amount of bytes loaded from the scripts creates always an alert on the performace tools.
Kindly check with your team collegues if Toolset have some workarounds to grant a better performance on loading of scripts.
Thanks.

Franco

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

I've requested aid from our 2nd tier supporters on this one.

Will post any updates as soon as I get it.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

I've gotten word from the team and its a little bit of good and bad news. The good news is that our team is working on improving the loading of our scripts and disabling the loading of some scripts when they are not needed.

The bad news is that aside from using Cache and or a CDN service there isn't a way for us to improve this any further. Any improvements will need to be done on the part of our developers.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.